Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Beginning

Greetings to the World Wide Web.


I've been meaning to create a blog to discuss my views on current politics, occurrences within the queer movement, and on life in general. I am however in a class that is asking that we create blogs, so alas, my blogging reality has been birthed.

I'll use this first post to let you all know a little more about who I am, which will pose helpful in understanding a lot of what I write about in the future.

I'm Rae (or RaeRae depending on one's attachment to syllables) and I identify as a genderfluid queer with an affinity for screaming into megaphones. A majority of my time is dedicated to activism which is not limited to the queer, wombyn's, environmental, pro-choice, anti-war, education, immigration, pro-Palestine, and anti-genocide movements.

I'm currently a student at the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a double major in Linguistics and Gender & Women's Studies. Right now my main focus is on researching for my thesis on femmephobia in the biologically female queer campus community. It's a mouthful, but it's been entirely enthralling thus far.

My free time is generally spent cooking, biking, reading, working out, watching Hulu, shaking my tailfeather, hanging out with pals, and frolicking around in nature.

That's me in a very small nutshell. But I think it's sufficient and strokes my ego within the delicate limits of being interesting and not egocentric.

Until next time,

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment